Teaching piano makes me happy. The music, ongoing student interaction, my sunny studio…I am blessed by rich and beautiful experiences everyday.
Here are a few from this month:
- Noticing and celebrating beautiful posture and hand position in a student
- Assigning a new piece which is based on a little-known published book, and discovering the student has read the entire series of books and loves them!
- The recital hall administrator waiving the fee to rent the hall because I had previously done some pro-bono work for them. I love living in community.
- Piano parents becoming close friends
- Cheerful, busy birds visiting the bird feeders directly outside the window next to the studio piano
Let’s celebrate the joy in our profession! What has caused you to smile lately?